Friday, March 17, 2006

Beaded hairsticks, decoupaged handbag, and ATC's

I've listed new stuff in my Etsy shop:









The longer hair stick is decoupaged with pastel-colored washi origami paper with interchangeable clip-ons. The dark one has a fancy sterling silver jump ring. I'm making more as I speak. Also pictured are individual clip-ons with lobster clasps to interchange.







I love the pastel colors on this hand bag as it reminds me that spring is around the corner. The darker pink or magenta painted on the inside with acrylic paint and stick on black felt offsets the lighter outside of the purse.

The hairsticks and bag are up for sale at my
Etsy shop just listed today. Go check them out!



Oh, and I finally sold my very first item from my shop to someone living in England and just mailed out this past Wednesday. I hope she likes it - pink and brown appliqued elephant felt pouch.

I just got a sewing machine (a Huskystar 215 model) and so excited to start making more pouches, flower pins, etc. I tend to go all over the place when making things as my interests are eclectic. I haven't quite put the finger on a certain style but looks like I'm tending to go toward decoupage and felt. I'm a beginner sewer so I am going to need a lot of practice before tackling on fabric handbags and purses. I still have to repair an old quilt my husband's grandmother made, it's tattering and falling apart all over. I'm going to salvage most of the original material and replace with vintage fabric I bought off of eBay. We'll see how it will all turn out.



These artist trading cards are going out to my aunt Rose, my father's youngest sister. She's been sewing and crafting for a long time. I just found out that she also trades these cards. Her husband, my uncle, has been sculpting wood creations for many years and has an avid interest in Civil War and hometown history. He also has gallery showings of his work in their hometown and places around Colorado. I have not seen yet but would love to. My aunt also has sold a few pieces of her quilts and recently has made framed Geisha fabric art and sold in the same hometown new gallery just opened this year.







These ATC's are decoupaged with printed old photos of my dad and aunt (as a baby) and their parents (my grandparents). My grandmother taught her how to sew thus the pieces of old sewing patterns. My grandfather was a very good cook so there is a vintage cake recipe and pimiento bottle. Also, origami, old sheet music and different colored tissue papers. I had a lot of fun making these - hope she likes them - ").

5 comments:

Gina said...

You do lovely work : )

Jessi said...

Thanks for your compliment, Gina ")

I've always loved unique stationary and papers. Some of the origami paper on the outside of the box purse has a soft texture to it. I use decoupage medium and spray matte sealer to protect it from the elements.

Gina said...

Well deserved. Really great stuff here.

Anonymous said...

Oh I looooove the elephant pouch! Will you be making more of them???

~T.

Jessi said...

Yes, they will be in my etsy shop soon at http://www.kikaandnini.etsy.com. Thanks!