Monday, March 12, 2007

I did not fall off the face of the earth . . .

Just working and lurking! But seriously, I've been working more hours at the hospital and when I come home, too pooped sometimes to get started on a craft project. Or I've run out of steam and take to lurking for creative inspiration. I do have three orders for clay and glass bead pendants but for some reason can't get motivated to complete them. I also have made some small decoupaged boxes and round clay pendants but have gotten discouraged with my digital camera. It won't zoom, takes lousy pictures up close as I want to upload pics to my etsy shop. It's time for an upgrade on my camera.

On a bright note, I stopped in to the Second Annual SpringFling Arts and Crafts Show at the historic Denver Turnverein this past Saturday. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures as I didn't have my camera with me but was fascinated at the different vendors showcasing their goodies. Here are a few of note and some I bought from:

fancytiger.com - Denver indie craft d.i.y. boutique - bought CRAFT: zine, 20 pc package of vintage ephemera.

moondancebotanicals.com - Artisan Creations for Bath and Body - bought MoonDance Trio - Lip Polish, Lavendar Hand Cream, Horsetail Nail Cream, Shea butter and peppermint foot cream.

caroline joy - cdarkey@comcast.net - joyful things for you and your home - bought vintage inspired apron with vintage French trim ca 1940's. I had a very nice conversation with Caroline Darkey, the owner. She also makes fabric hair bands and sashes to go with the aprons and was very nicely dressed from head to toe with her creations - a living mannequin!

johannaparkerdesign.com - bought papier mache plant markers. The husband and wife team make the most winsome and creative designs of springy things out of papier mache - bunnies, garden themed items, cards, etc. which reminded me of a bygone era. I inquired about the unique selling booth, and the husband said he made it and that his wife, Johanna, has the creative side, he has the more practical side, thus the booth.

ladyluckjewelry.com - Dia Kline, owner. The name says it all - jewelry made from dominoes, dice, etc. Very unique.

mudpots.com - Mudworks Pottery - Whimsical hand painted functional pottery.

soothstone.com - soothstone accessories by Phyllis Quinn.

The Bag Lady - unique bags made from upholstery fabric and cute crocheted baby and kid hats.

studiobead.com - Denver's only boutique where beading passion meets stylish jewelry fashion.


I had a lot of fun browsing through all the booths. There were 25 in all, on two floors. Jamie of Fancy Tiger stood out because I recognized some of her stuff from favorite craft blogs I like - wee wonderfuls badges, Craft: magazine and other stuff I can't recall right now. She told me that Tuesday nights are craft nights from 6-9 p.m. at the Fancy Tiger boutique, where everyone is welcome to bring a craft project in progress; goodies and live music are also provided. Interesting to stop by one Tuesday and check it out.

As I left the show, it was raining hard. I couldn't believe it, rain in March in Denver. Anyway, the show left me with creative inspiration and more of a desire to want to participate in a show. Now all I have to do is come up with a plan and go from there.

No comments: